My Dance History: The Adventures of a Teenage Beginner

8:38 PM 2 Comments A+ a-

Mmm...This is going to be a painful few months.
So, tomorrow I'm starting ballet. Again. Except this time, it's pointe. Right from when I signed up for this class, I knew it was going to be hard.

I'm being taught by a professional who will remain nameless for the sake of privacy. This ballet class is what's known as 'level 4'. My background in ballet?

  • 8-9 years of combined dance (including ballet, jazz, and tap.)
When I moved to Japan, I did ballet for 6 months and that was it. I just kind of quit. Why? The teacher and other student in my class laughed me to tears. I'd say that was a good reason to quit.

So, over the next few weeks I'll be posting how the class was. Hope you guys are okay with this.

Cheers, DFTBA, and Good Night.

2 comments

Write comments