Homesickness Pt. 1

1:06 AM 0 Comments A+ a-

 Homesickness
A long time ago, after I had moved to Japan, I had a feeling inside of me that I couldn't understand. I was homesick. Gradually, after I had lived in Japan for a while, I didn't miss Atlanta quite as much. I began to make a few friends and then my brother was born.


1. Don't think about home.
I know that this doesn't sound like something that you should do, but it does help. This ties in to what is next.
 
2. Keep busy, or don't.
Being busy is an art. A person can be busy with just about anything so long as they have the correct excuse. So, that being said, pick up a new hobby! Start reading a new book! Start a blog! Knit! Sew! Crochet! Play football (American)! Play football (Soccer)! Do SOMETHING other than sit and reminisce about everything you left behind. It doesn't matter if you are Christian or not, this verse from Ecclesiastes 3 is perfect for this. 

"1There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:
2a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
6a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace." 
--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

3. Have an anchor. 
No. Not like that. It doesn't matter if you think you are too old for a security blanket or a lucky stuffed animal, it helps. I still have a bunch of animals that I got when I was little, and it really helped.


Anyway, that's all for today. I'm really sorry that I haven't posted in a few days. I've been really busy and if you've seen my Pinterest status, then you'll know that I haven't been at my best lately. Anyway, I'll see you guys later!

Cheers, DFTBA, and Good Night.