Airplane Post 7: An Assortment of Movies

11:41 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

I have yet to understand the title of Kubo and the Two Strings. Perhaps a reader who watches it can enlighten me later. Anyway, this movie was phenomenal. It was the first truly original movie that I’ve seen in the past two years. And yes, I cried at the end. (Of course, I’ve cried at every movie I’ve seen this summer.)

Other movies that I saw this summer included Star Trek: Beyond, Finding Dory, and The Secret Life of Pets; all of which made me cry. 

I believe that this Star Trek movie was the best in the past few years (I’m partial to the one with the whales for some reason.). A well balanced female warrior, an old starship, Chekov, and that perfect use of the Beastie Boys made Beyond into an amazing movie that I would definitely watch multiple times. 

I think I cried the most at Finding Dory, but I think I knew that I would cry going in. I had been waiting for so long for this movie, and now it’s here. There was a certain magic of seeing the conclusion of one of my favourite childhood movies with the giant red recliners of an AMC movie theater. It’s better than the reviews say. If you go and see a movie, see Finding Dory.

The Secret Life of Pets was a weird movie. As much as I loved it, it just felt a little forced. Of course, it was extremely well written and I loved it all the same. I’m not saying don’t go see it, but there were movies that I would have preferred to see, such as Pete’s Dragon. 

There were three big movies that I didn’t see this summer. These were Suicide Squad, Ice Age (15?), and Pete’s Dragon. I really wanted to see Pete’s Dragon and Suicide Squad. My parents said that Suicide Squad was horrible, but with Panic! at the Disco and twenty øne piløts on the same soundtrack, it can’t be that bad right? It’s gotten really good reviews from my friends. 

A final note on Ice Age: They should have stopped at three. 

Cheers, DFTBA, and Good Morning(?)
Anna Grace