Adventures of a Teenage Beginner: Part Deux

6:10 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

Hey guys! Yesterday was the first pointe lesson for +TheNerdyBanana, Aisha, and I took. I think it went pretty well.
We (Aisha, +TheNerdyBanana, and I) had played around on pointe before, however we had never done specific exercises. For pointe, we were at the barre. Let me tell you, it hurt. Kids, don't do what I decided to do. (That being doing dance for a combined 8 years and 6 months and then go on freaking pointe.) I was embarrassingly horrible and as I watched +TheNerdyBanana and Aisha, (Who are really good at this stuff.) I wished I could crawl into a hole.

After what felt like a long time on pointe, we were instructed to change into regular ballet shoes and we did some other exercises. These included pirouettes, double pirouettes, arabesques, etc. We were almost late for the late bus and I just barely made it onto the bus while there were seats still available.

My pointe shoes are pink satin Blochs. Specifically, Heritage Blochs (Pictured Below).  Just thought you guys might want to know.


Well, that's all for now.

Cheers, DFTBA, and Good Night.