Flash #1 - Somebody Who Matters

7:37 AM 0 Comments A+ a-

     "It's your choice," The boy started. "You can continue your worthless life, or you can become someone who matters." The girl made a face.
     "You call being immortal, someone who matters?" She asked incredulously. "You will live a sadder, ongoing life, than I will in however many days I have left."
     "Twenty six."
     "What?"
     "I said twenty six. That's how many days you have left. Don't ask how I know, I just do."
   
     The girl took a few seconds to think this through. 'Twenty six days?' She thought to herself. 'No, that can't be right.'
     "You're lying." She decided. "You have to be lying. There is no way that you could know that. I choose not to believe in you, and in not believing in you, you cease to exist. Goodbye Bennet." Bennet looked down at his slowly fading hands.
     "No, Chloe! Don't do this! Please!" But it was too late, for he was no longer audible above the sound of Chloe sobbing, mourning her lost love.