It's Raining Somewhere Else - A Midnight Rambling On Empathy

8:19 AM 3 Comments A+ a-



I've got to say, my favourite song from the soundtrack of Undertale is "It's Raining Somewhere Else," which appears when you are in the restaurant with Sans. If you don't know what I'm talking about, here's a link to a brilliant play through by +jacksepticeye. Of course, if you really want to get the full experience of the game, you would support Toby Fox (the creator of the game) and spend the $10 on the game itself.

I'm not here to talk about the game, so much as the name of the song, and how it relates to me. In the scene that "It's Raining Somewhere Else" appears in, you deal with some pretty heavy stuff (that's all I'll say. No spoilers.).  So, the name really tells us about the nature of the situation with the protagonist and Sans.

I have an overdeveloped sense of empathy, so much to the point that I will let other people's problems get to me, and that affects my daily life and the lives of my loved ones. "It's Raining Somewhere Else" gives me a sense of peace, knowing that just because it's raining somewhere else, doesn't mean that I need to get all upset. Why should I get upset if I'm in Tokyo and it's raining in Kyoto?

Thanks for reading my little midnight ramble.
Cheers, DFTBA, and Good Night.
Anna Grace

3 comments

Write comments
Unknown
AUTHOR
May 13, 2016 at 6:57 PM delete

Okay before I even read this blog post...UNDERTALE!!!!!!! YASSSSSSS I LOVE UNDERTALE 😂 k bye.

Reply
avatar
Unknown
AUTHOR
May 13, 2016 at 7:00 PM delete

But you know what scares me? That if I buy the game it might do weird stuff...you know. It's creepy b/c even if you do the genocide run, restart, and then the neutral run the game still knows you did the genocide run...IT'S CREEPY!

Reply
avatar
Unknown
AUTHOR
May 13, 2016 at 7:03 PM delete

And I understand what you mean. After you told me about it on the bus I also found an article about feeling another person's emotions/feelings overwhelmingly...hopefully I can show you! 😉

Reply
avatar