Word Sprint #2

6:28 PM 0 Comments A+ a-



I'm weird, and you should know that by now. You see, I'm not like most teenagers (When I say that, I mean it. This isn't the opening of some chick flick.) I mean, how many other teenagers do you see rapping the entire opening of It Takes Two by DJ EZ Rock and MC Rob Base? How many other teenagers do you see writing novels and going to school in Japan? How many other teenagers are Anna Roberts? Let me tell you, none. There is nobody else like me, and I guess that starts my message for today.
There is nobody that is more you than you. Does that make sense? I hope it does, because that's the basis for today's sprint. As humans, we all seem to find the bad things about ourselves easier than finding the good things. I mean, seriously. Look at yourself and tell yourself 10 good things about yourself? It shouldn't be too hard. You done, or do you need more time for that?

So why is it so hard? Why can't we look at ourselves and say: "You are a beautiful, loving, kind person. You did a good job today, and it's okay that you got an 85 on that algebra test. In the long run, it's not going to matter what you got on your test in Middle School because you are not a number. You are not a statistic."

Why is it so hard to say that to ourselves? I have no trouble telling other people that stuff. But you know what I can tell myself? That I'm a Ravenclaw. Yes. I am a Ravenclaw, and I'm proud. I'm also a superwholockian, a fan of the Sherlock Holmes books, a fan of Marvel (especially AoS), a demigod, etc. I am willing to label myself in so many different ways, but I'm not willing to tell myself that I did a good job. I am not willing to let myself rest until I get a perfect score that probably isn't going to happen unless I get a good night's sleep.

People from my school have started to read this blog, so I need to be careful. I mean, I post it on the internet for people to read, but I don't want people who don't know me very well to read this. If you don't know me at all, I'm fine with it. But if you half-way know me? Hell no! I don't want you reading this. If you only half way know me, you'll make assumptions based on what I post. If you are a close friend of mine, then God knows what you're thinking about when you read my posts.

So why do I think so horribly of myself? If you ever figure that out, email me. I'd love to know.

This post probably didn't make a lot of sense. It's a word sprint, so my mind tends to wander.

Words: 489
Time: 11 minutes

Cheers, DFTBA, and Good Night.
Anna Grace