Word Sprint #1

1:31 AM 0 Comments A+ a-



I spend a lot of time writing. I also spend a lot of time on the internet. Let's talk about what we're going to do.
Many times I have tried to start a daily thing or weekly thing on this blog. Here's something that I'll actually follow through on because I have to follow through on it. You see, Camp NaNoWriMo starts in April and then again in July, so I have to get back at the writing speed that I was at in November. I'm really fast at typing (100 wpm avg), but when it comes to writing I really need to speed up. Part of the reason why I'm not very fast is because I not only procrastinate, but I also just pause and stare into space from time to time. This doesn't always happen, but it happens a lot.

There was one day near the end of NaNoWriMo where I was determined to finish, so I stayed up until about 3 am. I wrote about 8,000 words over the course of 24 hours. Crazy right? I must have listened to my NaNoWriMo playlist about a million times over. I also had some pretty great company from the Writing Prompts reddit chatroom. You see, when you write you need three things (in my personal amateur opinion). A hot drink, good music, and a wall to bounce ideas off of. Of course you need a computer or pen and paper, but let's stick to the main points.

Writing is an amazing thing. It's like dreaming with your eyes open. (Okay, I'll admit it. I took that line directly from Sharkboy and Lavagirl. That was an amazing film. Right up there with the likes of Spy Kids. They were actually made by the same director/film production company.) Writing is a perfectly legitimate reason not to do your work. (I'm procrastinating right now. I should be doing my algebra homework.) There's no way that I can't not write. (Does that make sense?) I have to write, otherwise I'd go crazy. After NaNoWriMo, I was very quiet. I didn't really talk a lot. You wanna know why? It's because I wrote out all 60,000 of my words. I just wrote them out into this amazing story that I have sitting in Novel Draft Daycare while I go to school and learn about stuff.

I'm actually working on a rewrite of my entire draft. I revised the first one, and then I made copies of all of the chapters and deleted the words off of the docs. Right now I'm in the middle of rewriting the second or third chapter, and let me tell you it was a pain!

All right, I've rambled on for long enough. Or at least as long as my timer will let me.

Words: 466
Time: 15 minutes

Cheers, DFTBA, and Good Night.
Anna Grace