NaNoWriMo Prep Day 4 (More Info, Just in Case)

1:43 AM 1 Comments A+ a-



                                                               50,000 words or bust!
What’s NaNoWriMo?

Glad you asked! NaNoWriMo stands for “National Novel Writing Month.”  NaNoWriMo is an, um, I guess you could call it a non competitive competition. Your goal is to write 50,000 words in 30 days, which is 1,667 words per day! If you reach this 50,000 word goal, you win. Simple as that.

A large part of NaNoWriMo is the fact that you do it right along with a bunch of other people who are doing the exact same thing as you! In my eyes, that means that you don’t have to expose your family or loved ones to your insane-ness during those 30 days. You can just talk to your writing buddy.

NaNoWriMo also offers some interesting publishing/self-publishing opportunities.

But what will happen to your blog during this NaNo-thingy?

From my blog’s perspective, it will appear as if I’m dead. I won’t be posting for the entire month of November except for maybe a few updates and Thanksgiving posts. A friend of mine is visiting for Thanksgiving and so I’ll be spending time with her, so that means I have to work extra hard after those days.

As I said previously, I have a framework of 1,667 words per day. So, I’ll have to write 3,000 words per day for a couple of days to catch up. I’ll also still have homework, so I’m going to be really busy.

There is also an opportunity for sponsorship here! National Novel Writing Month is a 501c(3) nonprofit, which means that your donation is tax deductible (check on that). By sponsoring me and my novel, you are putting pressure on me to finish my novel and supporting other authors as well by keeping the NaNoWriMo site up and running! All of this money would go to the Office of Letters and Light. They run NaNoWriMo, Camp NaNoWriMo (for younger people), and the Young Writers Program. If you guys would be interested in sponsoring me, please email me or leave a comment below!


I've gotta go. There's more NaNoPlanning to be done! If you have any questions, suggestions, comments, or just want to say high, please email me or leave a comment below.
 

Cheers, DFTBA, and Good Night
Anna Grace

1 comments:

Write comments
Aimee Van
AUTHOR
November 21, 2015 at 12:49 AM delete

I hope your novel is doing well! I wrote a post about NaNoWriMo too, and about preparing for it. This was my first time joining, and well, it's been rather disastrous. I had to stop a week early, because my exams start on the 30th and I need to study. :/ But it was a great experience and I'll definitely try again next year! :)

"NaNoplanning" <3 Word of the day.

x Yasmine

By the way, you follow my blog, but since I changed my URL, my GFC followers aren't receiving my posts in their Dashboard anymore. So if you want to, visit the new blog and just refollow. Let me know if it works. :)

Reply
avatar