I'm Afraid

6:56 AM 1 Comments A+ a-

Here's a post that is laced with an existential crisis! But believe me, it'll be a good one.

In about 12 hours, all of my friends will be going to start their first day of school at Seoul Foreign School. I, however, will be starting mine on August 26th at the American School in Japan.


I am so afraid. I'm afraid of the people at this school. I'm afraid of how they'll react to my, erm, eccentricities. How they'll react to my personality. How they'll react to my appearance, my, my everything!

The original plan (in my head) was for me to come back to Japan and become friends with all of my old friends who had remained in Tokyo. But that's just not what happens. It's a great plan, on paper. But if you apply it to the real world, it's the worst plan ever. It's like I would be setting myself up for failure. (Which, I have done before.)

There are still quite a few friends that I have in Japan, however, we did not keep in touch.


I don't know these people anymore. I don't know what their favorite books or colours are. I barely remember what they look like. I have no idea what kind of television they like or what they like to do in their spare time. I don't know their little personality quirks, heck they could be total bacons*. Acquaintances is what they are now. Gosh I hate that word.

Acquaintances. It's like you know each other, but you don't really know each other. Although, I suppose that's the definition of the word

I'm terrified of the level of academic achievement that I am expected to reach. Nishimachi, the school I went to in Japan (the first time), they had very high standards. When I moved to Seoul, it was like I was still being spoon fed the material. So ASIJ, well I just have no idea on what to expect.


Tomorrow is my new student orientation. I really hope it goes well. I'll blog about it tomorrow night.


I'm really tired. I love you guys.

Cheers, DFTBA, and Good Night.

1 comments:

Write comments
Anonymous
AUTHOR
August 14, 2015 at 2:32 AM delete

(remember to translate "bacon")

Reply
avatar