7 Best Books I Read This Summer

12:23 AM 0 Comments A+ a-



 As you all know, I am an avid reader and will read pretty much any chance I get. Unfortunately, this vacation has been very stressful and I wrote more than I read. I did, however, read quite a few books over the summer. Click read more to see exactly what I had my nose in this summer. (Don't worry. I won't post any spoilers.)
1. The Fellowship of the Ring

 The Fellowship of the Ring is the first book in the Lord of the Rings series by J.R.R. Tolkien. I would have to say that this book is my favorite of which I have read this summer. I had never read the Lord of the Rings series and had heard much about it from one of my friends. I can't wait to go to the library and check out the next book in the series!

2. Paper Towns
 It was very hard to figure out which to put in first place, Paper Towns or Fellowship of the Ring? Paper Towns was, as expected (it being a John Green book). Amazing. I absolutely loved it. Of course, also as expected, I cried. But hey! That's just what happens when you read John Green (or any YA now that I think about it) books. It was recently made into a movie. I haven't seen it yet as I'm waiting for it to come to Tokyo. Even though I haven't watched the movie, I suggest reading it before you see it.

3-6. The Selection Series (The Selection, The Elite, The One, and The Heir)


Kiera Cass truly is a literary genius. She has merged modern life with the princess stories that children so eagerly gobble up. I absolutely love this series and I can't wait until the 5th book.

7.  Of Mice & Men
I moderately enjoyed Of Mice & Men, however it was a little much for me. I have a high reading level yet a slightly lower interest level, so it's hard to find books that challenge me that I actually enjoy reading. I may try rereading this in a couple of years.