Oh Miss Believer (A Poem)

8:19 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 I wrote a poem. Upon rereading it, it's kind of depressing. I hope you guys like it! If you want to know where I got the inspiration, please refer to this video:
 
Also, the subject of this poem? You know who you are. Come talk to me about it if you want. I understand if you don't want to though.  

FYI, please read with no music on. Thanks!


Oh Miss Believer,
why can't you see?
Your troubles are the same as mine,
yet so different at the same time. 

We're both afraid of being alone,
but I seek no company but that of my prized earphones.
We both want to get better,
but one of us can't, 
one of us is a debtor.

Oh Miss Believer,
I wish you could see,
we both think dark thoughts,
you just hope more than me.
You sit and you struggle but inside you know,
that there is still hope, 
no matter how far you go.

When I sit in the dark recess of my mind,
I can't help but become entwined.
My thoughts are sharp wires, 
choking me until I can't anymore.
I've opened up to you and yours.
But you still don't know all of it.

Oh Miss Believer,
you really shouldn't care.
I'm alright, I'm okay, I'm fine. I swear. 
You shouldn't worry, 
you shouldn't fret.
After all, I have a safety net.

You can't tell when I lie,
but I can tell when you do.
"I have the experience,"
says me to you.

Oh Miss Believer, 
I wish what I said wasn't true,
but you need to know that I'm better when I'm with you.
I'm completely hopeless and I don't know what to do,
so I wrote a poem, 
thinking of you.

Before you go Miss Believer, I have a bet.
You'll do great in this next chapter,
and you won't have any regret.
Goodbye Miss Believer and please don't forget, 
you were always my safety net.



Cheers, DFTBA, and Good Night. 
Anna Grace